I have decided to start a challenge called “The 26 Book Challenge” to encourage myself to read more and discover new things! I found this challenge on Pinterest (where I find everything good in the world, including but not limited to Bible quotes, writing ideas, fun games, and memes on Benedict Cumberbatch’s cheekbones) and so I’m going to try it out! Here are the 26 books:
- A book you own but haven’t read.
- A book that was made into a movie.
- A book you pick solely because of the cover.
- A book your friend loves.
- A book published this year.
- A book by an author you’ve never read before.
- A book by an author you love.
- A book at the bottom of your to-read pile.
- A book with a color in the title.
- A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit.
- A book you started but never finished.
- A book with a lion, a witch, or a wardrobe.
- A book with a female heroine.
- A book set in the summer.
- A book of poems.
- A book you learned about because of this challenge.
- A book that will make you smarter.
- A book with a blue cover.
- A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t.
- A book “everyone” but you has read.
- A book with a great first line.
- A book with pictures.
- A book from the library.
- A book you loved – read it again!
- A book that is more than ten years old.
- A book based on a true story.
And so it begins! For book number one I am going to read…
Hamlet by William Shakespeare.
And I know, I probably should have read that a long time ago, but now at last I will. As it’s a play, it shouldn’t take me too long, and then I can review it and move onto book number two.
When I finish this challenge, I want to start another, because I really should be reading more. Here’s to books unopened and ships unsailed!